The Association is called Sociedade Harmonia Eborense. It was founded on April 23rd, 1849 and has its headquarters in Praça do Giraldo, number 72, parish of Santo Antão, municipality of Évora.
Its purpose is the cultural promotion of members through cultural, physical education and sports and recreational action, aiming at their integral human formation, being open to all citizens.
The bodies of the Association are the General Assembly, the Board of Directors and the Fiscal Council, whose competence and functioning are governed by the applicable law, in particular article 167 et seq. of the Civil Code. Regarding the General Meeting Board, the Board and the Fiscal Council:
(a) shall consist of an odd number of members, one of whom shall be the President.
b) sections may be created to assist the Board.
The Association is represented by the entire Board, whose President has a coordinator function, and it is incumbent upon the initiative and oversight in all its activities.
Internally, the General Assembly is sovereign and before it responds the Board, whose activity is permanently subject to inspection by the Fiscal Council.
The assets of the Association shall include the monthly membership fees and the fees charged for the services and, by resolution of the General Meeting, any assets acquired by donation, testamentary leaves or for onerous donations.
The Association shall last indefinitely but, in the case of dissolution by the grounds of law, will revert its assets to the Évora Civil Government.
Any citizen is elegible for the association, being his/her tenderer (or tenderers) responsible for moral and civic behavior.
In cases not covered by these Bylaws, the General Internal Regulations is sovereign, whose approval is the responsibility of the General Meeting.